The Ave Maria was first featured at the Secret Summer Cocktail Festival in the summer of 2019. This Bloody Maria cocktail is so divine we gave it a heavenly name! It can be made with tequila or mezcal, depending on your preference. The addition of lime juice brightens up the cocktail and the chocolate chili (or mole) bitters add a tremendous depth of flavor that is sweet and savory.
THE AVE MARIA - TOMA BLOODY MARIA COCKTAIL
- Fill a Collins glass with ice
- 4 oz Toma Bloody Mary Original
- 1 1/2 oz of Tequila or Mezcal
- 1/3 oz Lime Juice
- 3 dashes of Bittermens Xocolatl Bitters
- Chili Salt Rim or Sal de Gusano (optional)
Here are some tequilas and mezcals we recommend pairing with Toma Bloody Marias.
- YaVe Blanco Tequila (alt: Jalapeno Infused Reposado)
- Dulce Vida Blanco Tequila
- Bruxo Mezcal No.1
- Mezcal Union
We hope you enjoy this cocktail with family and friends!